Having a roommate, especially a male roommate, comes with having a kitchen full of snacks that you’d never ordinarily have. Lots and lots of Trader Joe’s snacks, staring you in the hungry face, whenever you cross the kitchen border.
The best thing I can do is recreate a healthier version.
So that’s exactly what I did. And they were Max approved!
By January 14, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Having a roommate, especially a male roommate, comes with having a kitchen full of snacks that you'd never ordinarily have. Lots …
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread cashews on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and toast for 10 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Leave oven on.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, and stir.
- Add toasted cashews to butter mixture and stir until well coated.
- Pour cashews into a large ziplock bag with sesame seeds and shake until evenly coated.
- Place cashews back on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress